Technische Universität München
A short list of projects I have worked on.
I was frustrated how Nepalese Newspapers' websites are made. http://bharkhar.com collects individual PDF pages from different major news publishers and combines them into a no brainer easily consumable format.
- Contains two parts: web frontend and backend
- Web frontend (Github link) running behind unicorn coded with Sinatra.
- Backend (Github link) runs with Sidekiq workers and downloads the latest news every day.
- Deployed using docker.
- Old codebase:
OpenEventMap 2012 September to 2013 May
For this university project, I worked under supervision of Kathereh Polous. I worked with tools developed for OpenStreetMap to store Events related information and then visualize it
- In the main server of OpenStreetMap, event related information are not stored. We setup a local OSM server infrastructure of with smaller database (Bayern Region) at http://osm.openeventmap.tum.de
- I developed a plugin called EventsEditor for JOSM editor in Java that creates a GUI to add/edit/delete event related data. You can downloaded the plugin from https://github.com/bibstha/osm-event-plugin.
Labsystem Epub Exporter 2011 Dec to 2012 February
LabSystem is a brilliant eLearning tool developed by Marc-Oliver Pahl. I developed a plugin for it to convert existing content into ePub. Developed in PHP, it can be downloaded from https://github.com/bibstha/LabSystemExporter.